McMINNVILLE GARDEN CLUB – 2013
- The Standing Rules shall not be in conflict with the By-Laws.
- The Standing Rules shall be available to all members upon request.
- The Club Officers shall present paid receipts for budgeted or allowable expenses to the Treasurer for reimbursement.
- Standing Committees appointed by the President may include, but not be limited to, committees in conformance to State and District objectives. The President is a member of all committees except the Nominating Committee.
- The Membership Chair shall furnish all changes regarding Club members (change of address, telephone number, name) to the Yearbook Chair and the Newsletter Editor. The Newsletter Chair will print any information deemed appropriate in the newsletter.
- The Budget Committee shall consist of the Board members who will hold office during that budget year. The proposed budget will be sent to the members in August. It will be discussed and voted on at the September meeting.
- Unbudgeted expenses over fifty dollars must be approved by the members. In the event of an emergency, the Board can make the decision to approve the expense.
- All bills to the Club must be submitted within thirty days of the conclusion of the event.
- Any activity undertaken by the Club that requires a written contract must be approved by the Board members.
- Garden Club members will participate in service projects throughout the year.
- Garden Club members are expected to refrain from conduct injurious to the McMinnville Garden Club or its purpose.
- As required by the By-Laws, descriptions of the officers responsibilities are listed below:
PRESIDENT: The President shall be the chief officer of the Garden Club and shall act as the Chair of the Board. The President shall preside over Club meetings and shall have any other powers and duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors.
VICE-PRESIDENT: The Vice-President shall be responsible for planning the programs for the Club’s monthly meetings. The Vice-President shall take over the duties of the President when the President is unable to fulfill those duties.
SECRETARY: The Secretary shall have overall responsibility for all recordkeeping. The Secretary shall perform, or cause to be performed, the following duties: (a) official recording of the minutes of all proceedings of the Board of Directors and members’ meetings and actions; (b) provision for notice of all meetings of the Board of Directors and members; (c) authentication of the records of the corporation; (d) maintain current and accurate membership lists; (e) any other duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors.
TREASURER: The Treasurer shall (a) keep full and accurate accounts of all financial records of the corporation; (b) deposit all monies and other valuable effects in the name and to the credit of the corporation in such depositories as may be designated by the Board of Directors; (c) disburse all funds when proper to do so; (d) make financial reports as to the financial condition of the corporation to the Board of Directors; (e) make a copy of the monthly financial statement available to the members at the monthly meetings; (f) any other duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors.